Monday, July 25, 2011

road trip video log

Here are a few videos from my trip to Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming and Colorado. Although my vidoe skills are far from perfect, I think these videos will give you a good sense of where I have been and what I have been doing these past weeks. 
What a surreal trip it has been.


Somewhere west of Inverness, MT.


Someplace along Montana's high line. Notice the howling winds of the prairie...


More in Montana.


Abandoned military base. Really. 


Although I only show one bird's nest and one bat in this video, I found more birds, bats and other miscellaneous animals (both dead and alive) then I could show you videos of. In more then one building a pigeon or two would come flying out, barely missing my head, and scaring me half to death.


North Dakota, just a few miles from the boarder to Canada. The bugs here: almost unbearable. 


Another windy day in North Dakota. Please let me explain, the reason this video is so shaky is because I was looking down in the grass to make sure I wasn't going to step on a snake, and not paying attention to what I was filming. (I didn't step on any snakes though.)


South Dakota. I just loved the blue walls of this house and the cracked white paint in the kitchen. Beautiful. 


I swear...if that wall could talk...

2 comments:

  1. I am just mesmerized!! These are fascinating, Dawn! Can't wait to see your still photos, too.

    And please, m'dear, be careful! I can just see you taking a step and falling through a floor...

    Love,

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is incredible! You are a savage for your willingness to even step foot in these buildings... and I can't wait to see the pictures!

    ReplyDelete