Monday, March 3, 2014

March Bride


Clothing: Hillary Heaviside of Fennel Bridal | Main:Instagram
@fennelbridal | www.facebook.com/FennelBridal

Florist: Nichole Skalski of California Sister Floral Design Co. | www.californiasister.com

Photography: Yours truly - Dawn Heumann Photography | www.dawnheumann.com

 
     Several years back I photographed a wedding for a beautiful bride in a vintage inspired gown. The photos from that wedding eventually made it into the hands of the dress designer and over time, her and I realized that we wanted to bring our arts together again for another collaboration



     Living here in Sonoma County relationships are everything. Someone always knows someone else and there is always someone who knows you. As an artist and small business owner, it is absolutely imperative for me to network and work with other artists and local business owners. Sure, it is good for business, but more then anything, it is good for my soul. I love what I do, and when I get to work with other artists who love what they do and do it well, it brings a certain sense of warmth to my heart.


 





     This beautiful shoot was a complete collaboration between me, a Sebastopol based wedding photographer, the genius and sophisticated Hillary Heaviside of Fennel Bridal and the beautiful and inspired floral arrangements of Nichole Skalski of California Sister Floral Design Company.









     It was truly wonderful to come together with two other local women who are working hard to see their individual visions come to life. Life is truly what you make of it and if we don’t have each other to support and inspire one another then what is it all truly for anyway? This small, intimate shoot helped me to remember that I am not alone in seeking my dreams of living a life that I love - doing what I love doing the most. 







 





     Thank you to Fennel Bridal and California Sister Floral Design Company for coming together to create something fun and beautiful with me. And thank you to our lovely models and helpers who made everything come together so flawlessly. I look forward to collaborating on many more occasions in the future!




Fennel Bridal makes artisan gowns for creative brides. 
New styles arriving Summer 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment